For on and off the slopes, Ski Haus Sports Center has the best selection around. Short or long, form fitting or relaxed fit, from toddler to plus sizes, they will match your needs and expectations. Fit, function, and styling, it’s all there. Four floors … of FUN … the top two floor are all equipment for your body. Technology you can wear, fashion you can ski in on the slopes. Here are some features to look for and check out:
- Fully insulated, strategically insulated or just lined, like a shell.
- Water repellent or waterproof. 5000, 10000, or 20000 mm Gortex, Entrant or Burton’s Dryride, etc…
- Fabrics that mimic skin, total waterproof stretch or stretch panels to traditional fabrications. Softshell is one such fabric that offers comfort with full stretch in several weights, water repellent or waterproof, in jackets and pants.
- Hoods, permanent or removable
- Inner powder cuffs (sometimes called powder skirts), draw cords at the hemline
- Ninja cuffs, wrist gaiters, adjustable wrist closures
- Pockets, inside and out for hand-warming and all “valuables”
- Most small children snow wear have to grow cuff in the arms & legs for added value
- DWR coatings on almost all outerwear, many times in addition to Goretex, Hyvent, Dermizax etc … This DWR treatment is your first layer of defense from moisture, and allows the garment to wash grime away easily.
We carry 38 outerwear and clothing accessories manufactures starting with Alp n Rock, Burton, Boulder Gear, Bogner , Dale of Norway, Descente, Fera, Fire & Ice, Hot Chillys, Kiltec, Meister Sweaters, O’Neill, Obermeyer, Quiksilver, Rawik, Rossignol, Roxy, Spyder, Skea, Snow Angel, Sun Ice, The North Face, Mad Bomber hats, Nils, Volcom, Volkl, White Sierra, and more.
Choice of outer fabric is key, to comfort, fit and keeping warm and dry. Features to check out:
- kind of waterproofing
- insulation or just lined
- waist treatment, high, regular or low, or bibs
- hardware for ease of handling
- articulated knees for comfort
- scuffguards for durability
- venting, velcro or zippers
- pockets for stuff
- many small children pants & bibs have to grow cuffs in legs to extend for growth spurts.
Sweaters, Fleece, and Vests
Insulators are that extra layer you need for the very cold days or when you are using a lighter garment like a shell. Insulators can be a sweater, fleece or a vest. In the milder weather, they can even be your outer layer, especially when they have windstopper by Gortex. Wool and wool blend sweaters are making a big come back due to a trend towards natural fibers while the selection of fleece has evolved to unique textures similar to sweaters and supplex & nylon panels or pockets added for function as well as styling detail . We all know nothing can replace a beautiful classic sweater by Dale of Norway. Fleece comes in many weights, solids and prints, even with wind and waterproof features.
Apres Ski Boots, or Snow Boots
For trekking around on a cold winter day by TECNICA, THE NORTH FACE, KAMIK and KHOMBU starting in toddler sizes. There are Moonboots, leather and fur trimmed models or water repellant nylon easy pull-ons.